A Root Canals procedure is usually recommended after other dental treatment options have been considered. It is a treatment that is used to save a tooth from extraction, an absolute last-resort option at our practice. They are also used in cases where a tooth infection is simply too invasive to control.
Steps of a Root Canal
- Capitola Dental Care offers state-of-the-art endodontic treatment to Capitola Dental Patients who need a solution to severe tooth damage right away.
- After a thorough evaluation and X-ray , we can begin the root canal procedure. The first step in a root canal is to numb the area of the mouth being treated with local anesthesia.
- A rubber dam is placed over the tooth to isolate the treatment area.
- Next, Dr. Halbleib will drill a small hole in the wall of the tooth.
- The tissue inside the tooth root, the nerve and pulp, are gently extracted using root canal files.
- The canals are then cleaned well, flushed with a special sterilizing solution, and sealed off.
- Next, the empty root canal is filled with a rubber compound called gutta percha.
- Once the Root Canal procedure is complete we will recommend the best restorative option for you.
- There are complex cases where Dr. Halbleib where feels that the patient will be better cared for an endodontic specialist. In those cases we refer you to a local specialist that we partner with and that we trust. Upon completion you will return to Dr. Halbleib to complete your permanent restoration.
If you are searching for a comprehensive dental team that can take care of all your dental needs, please contact Capitola Dentist Dr. Jesse Halbleib. Our root canal services are performed with a high level of quality and attention to detail. Trust the dental center that truly cares about creating beautiful, healthy smiles for life.