May 14, 2020
Hi SeaBreeze Dental Patients,
We hope this email finds you and your family safe and healthy. We have all been through a lot in the past few months. We want to update you on the new steps that we will be taking to ensure your continued good health at your next visit to our office.
Many people are not aware of the fact that for more than two decades, dental practices have been required to practice cleaning and sterilization standards that are far above those required for just about every other type of healthcare provider.
In light of recent events, we are going beyond the standards that we have always followed, in order to create an even safer environment for you in our practice. We want to let you know about some of the very important steps that we are taking to ensure your continued good health:
1) We will be communicating with each of our patients before their appointment to ask some health-related screening questions to make sure that they are in good health prior to their office visit. We will also be asking these questions again when they arrive at our practice. By screening all of our patients in this fashion, we will be able to limit any potential exposure in our office.
2) We have created a “virtual waiting room” for our patients. What this means is, that in order to keep traffic in our reception area to a minimum, you will be asked to call or text our front desk from your car when you arrive, and they help coordinate the time that you will actually enter the office. We are doing this in order to adjust our scheduling practices to ensure that as few patients are in our reception area at a time.
3) Patient appointments are being managed in a way that allows for proper social distancing between patients based on arrival times at the practice. This means that for the time being, you may be offered fewer options for scheduling your appointment. We are doing this with your safety in mind and hope that you understand.
4) We have hand sanitizer that we will ask all of our patients to use upon arrival at our practice, and again before they leave. You will also find hand sanitizer in our reception area and in other locations in the office for you to use as needed.
5) We will also provide a mask for you to wear upon entering the practice in the event that you forget to bring your own mask.
6) You will notice when you enter our reception area, that the chairs have been placed six feet apart to maintain proper social distancing in the event that you have to wait a few minutes to be seated with the doctor or with your hygienist.
7) For the time being, we have removed magazines, toys for children, and other items from our reception area which are difficult to clean and disinfect. Our reception area is being cleaned regularly during the day to ensure that it is in good shape for the next patient arrival.
8) You may notice that we have invested in additional safety equipment for the practice. Things like face shields, masks, hair covers, gowns, extraoral suction units, and other things. This is all part of our on-going effort to give you a healthy visit to our office.
These new steps are all part of the recommendations that have been made by the American Dental Association (ADA), the California Dental Association (CDA), the U.S. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) and the Occupational Safety and Health Administration (OSHA).
During the shelter-in-place and until we fully re-open, we are here to help you if you are experiencing any pain, sensitivity, or other dental emergencies.
Please call our office at [Phone Number] to make an appointment.
We look forward to seeing you again and my team and I are happy to answer any questions that you may have about the steps we are taking in our practice to ensure an optimum patient visit. Initially, we will be re-opening in a limited manner, and we appreciate your patience with this. If you cannot wait and would like to make an appointment, please call our office at 831-462-1612 or contact us at info@Seabreezedg.com.
On behalf of myself and my team, we are looking forward to seeing you again. We value your trust and loyalty and look forward to welcoming back our patients, neighbors and friends.
SeaBreeze Dental Group